Monday 22 May 2017

Recent Projects #5 - Sunshine & All The Bright Colours

Once again, working on a large amount of things for a craft show in a rush had tuckered me out. No surprise there! It took me some time to get things together and start crocheting again, but I'm happy I had a well deserved break.

It took some time, but it seems like our climate has finally decided that my local area is deserved of springtime weather. It's been beautiful and sunny lately. I'm so happy it's finally warming up. I think that happiness is reflecting in my projects too - it seems like I'm crocheting with all the brightest colours as of late, haha.



I've had this book, Geek Chic Crochet, for what seems like forever. I finally had an opportunity to make something from it - a simple neckerchief. It's not the fanciest of designs, but I had a friend that I owed a gift to and I thought it would be cute.



Normally her style is very boho-chic but I know we both love kitschy things from the 1950s and 60s, so I went with a rainbow look with my scraps. It ended up being used to wrap up her lunches - how cute is that?!


Twice a year those of us who wear the Japanese street fashion, known as lolita fashion, celebrate a sort of 'holiday' to celebrate the fashion and our local community. This holiday is called International Lolita Day! Since I often organize events for our local community, I also tend to create gift bags or prizes to give away at these events. For this year I wanted to make something special so I crocheted some cute themed bunting.



The letters are just iron-on appliques but I think the gold glitter adds a cute little touch. Unfortunately, the panels themselves are a little uneven since I didn't use a pattern, but I'm still very happy with how it turned out. I hope the gift recipient likes it too!


Do you ever just have this thought in your mind that just refuses to leave? This happened to me earlier this week. I had this super cute image of a green plant-like bear with a lovely flower blooming out of its head. I realize it's a bit strange but I couldn't get the cute image out of my mind! I just had to crochet it into reality.


I ended up modifying an already existing pattern into something that worked for me. A friend suggested I give him long, noodly arms and legs, haha. I think I might have to make that happen!


I do have some happy news! I have recently opened my own Etsy store - Nesting Bird Crafts. So far I just have a few items and patterns out there, but I do plan on updating it with new items as I make them!

No comments:

Post a Comment